Papers and Publications :
1@ A Hospital Based Study Of Dementia : Vasudevan D*,Bhabha SK, Shah PU.
Presented at the free paper session of the Geriatric Society Meeting, held at
the KEM Hospital, Bombay, June 1996
2@ Clinical and Electrophysiological Features of-Polymyoclonus D. Vasudevan*,
J.Mani, KA Manusukhani, Ravan SH, Chaudhuri A, Shah PU: Presented at
the 3rd Annual Conference of IAN September 1995, Chandigarh. Published in Supplement to Neurology India, September 1995
3@ Spectrum of Neurological Manifestations in Hematological Malignancies Ravat
SH, Vasudevan D*, Chaudhary N, J Mani, Shah PU, Chaudhuri A: Presented
at the 3rd Annual Conference of IAN September 1995, Chandigarh.
Published in the supplement to Neurology India, September1995.
4@ Analaysis of 57 cases of Carpal tunnel syndrome. Suresh Kumar, Ramesh M,
Vasudevan D, Vasanthi D, Ayyar SSK: Published in Supplement to Neurology India, Oct 1997
5@ Acute cerebrospinal demyelination -atypical presentation: Vasudevan D,
Ramesh M, Suresh kumar, Ayyar SSK : Published in Supplement to Neurology India, Oct 1997
6@ Acute intracranial venous thrombosis in young adult males. Ramesh M,
Vasudevan.D, Suresh kumar, Ayyar SSK: Published in Supplement to Neurology India, Oct 1997
7@ Sacral Evoked Potentials- Technique, normative data and usefulness in
disorders of bladder bowel & sexual d1sfunction. Ayyar SSK, Vasudevan.D,
Ramesh M, Suresh Kumar: Published in Supplement to Neurology India, Oct 1997
8@ Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials in Infants and Children: Ayyar SSK,
Vasudevan D, Ramesh M and Suresh Kumar, Published in Supplement to Neurology India, Oct 1997
9@ Effect of long term antiepileptic drug treatment on bone density : Vasudevan D, Velmurugendran CU et al, Supplememt to Neurology India, 2005
10@ Diagnogtic Markers to evaluate Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Vascular Dementia (VaD) - a preliminary report in the Indian perspective, Devanathan V, Baben BJo, Ashok B. Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute (Deemed University), India In JOURNAL OF THE NEUROLOGICAL SCIENCES (Vol. 238, pp. S283-S283)
11@ DIAGNOSTIC UTILITY OF PLATELET AMYLOID PRECURSOR PROTEIN RATIO, RED BLOOD CELLS AND PLASMA BETA AMYLOID (Ab 1-42) LEVELS IN LATE-ONSET ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE Ben Ashok1 , B’joe Baben1 , Vasudevan Devanathan2 , Senthil Kumar3 , Jeyakumar Rajadhas4 , 1 Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, India; 2 Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai, India; 3 Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai, India; 4 Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, July 2009, Vol 5, Issue 4, Supplement, pp 9-10
12@ Efficacy and safety of methylcobalamin, alpha lipoic acid and pregabalin combination versus pregabalin monotherapy in improving pain and nerve conduction velocity in type 2 diabetes associated impaired peripheral neuropathic condition. [MAINTAIN]: Results of a pilot study D. Vasudevan, Manoj M. Naik1 , Qayum I. Mukaddam1, Annals of IAN, Jan-Mar 2014, Vol 17, pp 19-24
13@ Traumatic Optic Neuropathy – A Conundrum
J Clin Diagn Res Mar 2016 Vol 10 (3) OD01-OD02
14@ Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials: A retrospective analysis V Devanathan; L Vasudevan
Clinical neurophysiology, 127, no. 9, (2016): e300-e301
15@ Efficacy and Safety of Safinamide (50 and 100mg/Day) Versus Placebo, in Patients With Mid-late Stage Parkinson's Disease, Principal Investigator Vasudevan Devanathan, Clinicaltrials.gov, Aug 23 2010
J.A. French, C. Costanini, A. Brodsky, P. von Resentiel on behalf of the N01193 Study Group
Articles | Neurology August 10, 2010, 75:6 519-525; published ahead of print June 30, 2010, doi:10.1212/WNL.0b013e3181ec7f7f:1526-632X; Devanathan Vasudevan, MD (Dr Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai, PI). Mexico—Leopoldo Rivera Castan˜o, MD (CIMA Chihuahua, Chihuahua, PI); Manuel Ojeda Chavarría, MD (Hospital Clinica del Parque, Chihuahua, PI); Jose´ Luis Oropeza de Alba, MD (Hospital Civil de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, PI); Lourdes Leo.
Y.T. Ng, JA Conry, R Drummond, J Stolle, MA Weinberg et al
Neurology October 11, 2011, 77:15 1473-1481; published ahead of print September 28, 2011, doi:10.1212/WNL.0b013e318232de76: 1526-632X
...(Mallikatta Neuro Center, Mangalore, Karnataka, Site Investigator), Maneesh Kumar Singh, MD (Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, Uttar Pradesh, Site Investigator), Vrajesh Udani, MD (P.D. Hinduja Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Site Investigator), Devananthan Vasudevan (Dr. Kamakshi memorial Hospital, Chennai, Site Investigator).
18. Revisiting the Piriformis Syndrome – High Frequency Ultrasonography in Management : A Pilot Series,
Vasudevan Devanathan, P. M. Ventakasai, Br J Med Health Research, 2017, 4(4)
19. Role of Epigenetics and Epigenomics in Neurodegenerative Disease, D Vasudevan, Chapter in IAN Textbook of Neurology, Recent Advances Section, 2017, Ed Arabinda Mukherjee, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers
20. Seizures in Systemic Disorders : D Vasudevan, Practice Pearls in Neurology, pp 22 – 33, Series 1, 2017 Ed : AV Srinivasan, D Vasudevan, K Bhanu, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers.
21. Non Motor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease, A Thaseen, D Vasudevan, Tushar VP Practice Pearls in Neurology, pp 67 – 71, Series 1, 2017 Ed : AV Srinivasan, D Vasudevan, K Bhanu, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers
22. Paradigm for Management of Noncompressive Myelopathy, D Vasudevan, Practice Pearls in Neurology, pp 134 – 139, Series 1, 2017 Ed : AV Srinivasan, D Vasudevan, K Bhanu, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers.
Textbooks : Section Editor and contributing author : Recent Advances Section in IAN Textbook of Neurology, 2017, Ed Arabinda Mukherjee, Jaypee Brothers, Medical Publishers.
Conferences and Workshops Conducted or Attended:
* Participated in the International Update on Neurosciences at the PD Hinduja
National Hospital, Bombay, November 1993.
* Participated in the International Congress on Stroke held in Bombay, December
* Member, Organising Committee of the First National EEG Workshop, organised
by Prof.PU Shah and conducted by Dr.Colin D Binnie from Maudsley Hospital,
London. This was held at the KEM 'Hospital in February 1994.
* Participated and presented paper on cognitive screening tests in the First International Conference on Organisation and Delivery of Neurological Services, New Delhi, November 1994
* Participated and presented paper on usefulness of TDM in treatment strategies development in epilepsy in the XXVII Annual Conference of the Indian Pharmacological
Society, KEM Hospital, Bombay December 1994.
* Participated in the 3rd National Workshop on Movement Disorders organised
by Prof. NH Wadia and conducted by Prof CD Marsden, Jaslok Hospital,
Bombay January 1995.
* Member of organising committee for a Seminar on Cognition and Epilepsy, KEM Hospital, Bombay February 1995.
* Participated in the Third Annual Conference of the Indian Academy of
Neurology Chandigarh, September 1995, where two papers were presented
Participated in the the International Workshop on Electrophysiology, Institute of
Neurology, Madras, September 29, 30 & Oct 1
Organised & conducted an international elecrophysiology workshop in Jan 2005
at the SRMC & RI, Chennai along with Prof David Cornblath, USA
Participated as faculty in the Neurology update, Chennai, 2009 with live demonstration and hands on workshop on VEMP
Attended the WCN 2005, Sydney, Australia and presented paper on Biomarkers in Alzheimer’s Disease and Ischemic Vascular dementia.
Attended the WCN 2013, Vienna, Austria
Panelist in the Neurologica 2012 and 2013 on treatment of refractory epilepsy.
Chaired numerous sessions in Neurology update, Chennai, and ECon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Chaired Sessions in SHINE 2013, 2014 a program on clinical neurology.
Conducted the one day hands on workshop on EMG and NC at MYOCON 2014, Chennai
Lecture on EEG and Clinical Electrophysiology for postgraduates and consultant neurologists at the Ist International Conference of Clinical Neurology ( ICCN ) at Chennai in April 2015
Conducted a workshop on EMG at Thanjavur Medical College, March 2015.
Organised and conducted the SWEEP workshop in Saveetha Medical College, June 2016 for junior consultant neurologists and postgraduates (Clinical Electrophysiology).
Faculty in Preconference Electrophysiology workshop for NSI annual conference in December 2016, Chennai.
Organiser and Faculty in the Preconference Electrophysiology Workshop on 6th September, 2017, prelude to the Silver Jubilee IANCON, Chennai, 6 – 10 September, 2017
Organised and conducted three colloquia “Beyond Brain” on matters related to Neuroscience and Consciousness from Feb 2015.
Numerous faculty lectures and presentations at teaching symposia SHINE and Back to Basics for postgraduate neurology students.
Part of organising committee of “Practice Pearls in Neurology” an annual refresher course for consultants and postgraduates in Clinical Neurology as applied to office practice.
Member, Organising Committee of AOCCN ( Asian Oceanian Conference of Clinical Neurophysiology ), Bengaluru, November, 2017
* Examiner for MD and Diploma in Psychological Medicine ( April 1998 ) at the
Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University
* Examiner for MCH (Neurosurgery) with Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University
* Examiner for DM (Neurology) -Mumbai University
* Formerly Examiner for DM (Neurology) SRDU
* PhD guide at Sri Ramachandra University 2002- 2006
* PhD guide at Saveetha University, 2017